CATALOG NUMBER: 21233339
SIZE: 100 ug/1 mg/2 mg
Synonyms: Neurofilament light polypeptide, 68 kDa neurofilament protein, neurofilament triplet L protein
PROTEIN INFO: N terminal fragment of NF-L protein Q93-E396 from E coli
Accession ID: P07196
Neurofilament consists of three major components: neurofilament light polypeptide (NF-L), mediate polypeptide (NF-M), and heavy polypeptide (NL-H). NF-L has 542 amino acid including a 91 aa N-terminal head, a 304 aa alpha -helical rod, and a 147 aa C-terminal tail. NF-L is first reported as a 69 kDa protein from by Hoffman and Lasek in 1975 analyzing the axonal transport paradigm, it plays an important role in the maintenance of neuronal caliber and possibly the pathogenesis of motor neuron diseases[3, 4].
MSSFSYEPYYSTSYKRRYVETPRVHISSVRSGYSTARSAYSSYSAPVSSSLSVRRSYSSS SGSLMPSLENLDLSQVAAISNDLKSIRTQEKAQLQDLNDRFASFIERVHELEQQNKVLEA ELLVLRQKHSEPSRFRALYEQEIRDLRLAAEDATNEKQALQGEREGLEETLRNLQARYEE EVLSREDAEGRLMEARKGADEAALARAELEKRIDSLMDEISFLKKVHEEEIAELQAQIQY AQISVEMDVTKPDLSAALKDIRAQYEKLAAKNMQNAEEWFKSRFTVLTESAAKNTDAVRA AKDEVSESRRLLKAKTLEIEACRGMNEALEKQLQELEDKQNADISAMQDTINKLENELRT TKSEMARYLKEYQDLLNVKMALDIEIAAYRKLLEGEETRLSFTSVGSITSGYSQSSQVFG RSAYGGLQTSSYLMSTRSFPSYYTSHVQEEQIEVEETIEAAKAEEAKDEPPSEGEAEEEE KDKEEAEEEEAAEEEEAAKEESEEAKEEEEGGEGEEGEETKEAEEEEKKVEGAGEEQAAK KKD
FORMAT: Dry Powder
Predicted Molecular Mass: 36.5 kDa
REACTIVITY: Immune assay with AmeriDx® NF-L antibodies: B0220112, B0220113, B0220114, B0220115, B0220116, B0220117, 0220118.
FORMULATION AND PURITY
Recombinant protein is over-expressed in E coli cells, and purified by Ni-NTA resin, and dialysis against 1x PBS. The protein is > 97% pure, as determined by SDS-PAGE. The concentration is measured at O.D280nm by Nanodrop.
STORAGE BUFFER: In PBS before lyophilized
RECONSTITUTION AND STORAGE
Upon received, save at freezer immediately if not used. After initial reconstitution with DI water (50-100uL), aliquot if necessary, and save the product at -80°C for future use.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.ameridx.com/ for technical protocols.
1. Adebola, A.A., et al., Neurofilament light polypeptide gene N98S mutation in mice leads to neurofilament network abnormalities and a Charcot-Marie-Tooth Type 2E phenotype. Hum Mol Genet, 2015. 24(8): p. 2163-74.
2. Hoffman, P.N. and R.J. Lasek, The slow component of axonal transport. Identification of major structural polypeptides of the axon and their generality among mammalian neurons. Journal of Cell Biology, 1975. 66(2): p. 351-366.
3. Xu, Z., et al., Increased expression of neurofilament subunit NF-L produces morphological alterations that resemble the pathology of human motor neuron disease. Cell, 1993. 73(1): p. 23-33.
4. Monteiro, M.J., et al., Expression of NF-L in both neuronal and nonneuronal cells of transgenic mice: increased neurofilament density in axons without affecting caliber. J Cell Biol, 1990. 111(4): p. 1543-57.
Product Insert can be after login.